Thursday 29 March 2012

Stoke Bardolph

I was up and out by 8:00 am to try and avoid walking in the hottest part of the day. I headed out of the City via the Sneinton Greenway - a footpath that follows the railway line out to Colwick Racecourse and the Colwick Country Park.

The Racecourse
 Paddling in the Colwick Lakes

 The Ferryboat Inn at Stoke Bardolph, a nice spot for a riverside pint, unfortunately it was a bit early for a drink:-

 The Millenium Sun dial at Burton Joyce, makes a good dog hitching post:-
 1,2,3 smile:-
 I walked through the farmland between Burton Joyce and Gedling:-
 After the Gedling House Woods and Meadow Nature Reserve, it was back into the City to Carlton, where I stopped at Tesco to get some lunch and water the dogs. When I came out of the shop there were three women clucking around the dogs, refilling their water bowl (for the third time).

I noticed a theme at all of the petrol stations that I passed; queues out onto the street, in anticipation of a tanker drivers strike:-
The dogs and I started to flag on the long walk up Carlton Hill and my muscles were aching on the descent down the other side. We did 8 hours of walking - I went straight into a Radox bath when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment