Sunday 1 November 2009

Halloween in New York

Nick and I went out to Bear Mountain State Park first thing in his shiny new BMW (I always seem to get chauffered in nice cars in the USA!)and did a hike to the top of the mountain and back. It was about 3 miles and took an hour and a half or so. It was very overcast and misty so didn't get to see any of the views but it was a good workout for me, a gentle stroll for Nick. When we got back to the car I shed my sweaty clothes, put them in the trash and we then drove to the nearby, vast, Woodbury Common outlet centre and had a splurge. I got one of the coupon books which paid for itself 3 x over in the first shop.

We went back, ate and got changed then headed into Manhattan for a few beers and to see the Halloween atmosphere. Almost everyone was dressed up apart from me and Nick. Dayna made the effort and was in a pirate wench costume. I was happy just to be wearing some smart clothes that fit me for a change. I had my first alcohol since the diet - 4 bottles of Bud Light - a low calorie beer, not bad.

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean you went to the Mall naked?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spare jeans and a junper stashed in the trunk

    ReplyDelete