Monday 9 November 2009

Road Trip Day 6 - 7/11/09

After a cup of black coffee I headed on with the drive, having a quick look at Woodstock, then a look around the historic stockade area of Kingston and a look at another old town, New Paltz.

In the afternoon I went to the Minnewaska state park which was beautiful - scenic views and a walk around a forested lake with sandstone cliffs.

I stayed at a motel just outside Poughkeepsie. The motelier told me there was a nice walk down the road over a bridge over the Hudson that had only just opened in October. I managed to squeeze that in before dusk. It's the worlds longest footbridge - the Hudson is half a mile wide at this point and the bridge is about a mile long, it used to be a railroad bridge. I just had enough time to cross it, turn around and recross before they closed it at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment