Wednesday 11 November 2009

Coney Island



I took the subway from Manhattan out to Coney Island in the morning and was pleased to see it was as I thought from the movies, "Warriors" in particular, a faded seaside resort. It still has a few of the old rides there but everything was shut for the season. I walked up and down the boardwalk to Brighton beach. Russian is the first language in this area, I heard hardly any English being spoken during my walk along the beach. The weather was nice enough to sit on the beach and read but, regrettably not quite warm enough for me to strip down and show off the new slimline me to the Babushkas on the Boardwalk.

While I was there I had a look around the aquarium, which, like the Island was a bit run down and not very impressive for such a large City.

In the afternoon I headed back to Manhattan and watched "Zombieland".

No comments:

Post a Comment