Friday 14 October 2011

Scandinavian Road Trip - Day One - 6/10/11

Now that I am back from my trip and have access to my photo's,I can update the blog.

We arrived at Stockholm just after midnight and, after having picked up the shiny new rental car, didn't feel like driving to the hotel in central Stockholm. Fortunately the hotel chain had a branch at the airport and Sarah was able to switch hotels.

The rental car (a Volvo XC60):-


In the morning we drove to Orebro where we split up, Sarah having her first business meeting and me exploring my first Swedish town. There wasn't a great deal happening in Orebro on a Monday morning so I strolled around, had a look at the castle and took the car back to Hertz so that they could change a faulty fuse which was preventing the Sat-nav from charging.

Orebro castle:-


After Sarah's meeting we drove to Linkoping where we checked into our hotel and headed out for a nice meal.

The restaurant and the hotel in the background:-


Venison for me, duck for Sarah, very tasty:-



No comments:

Post a Comment