Friday 14 October 2011

Oslo- Day 7 - 12/10/11


Sarah had to be out at the airport bright and early for her flight to Stavanger, while I had the day in Oslo, with my flight to London leaving at 9pm.

I drove out to the airport with Sarah to see her off and hand back the car to the rental company. The airport is about 50 km north of Oslo but there is a very fast train service which takes only 20 minutes to get back to the hotel in the city centre.

After breakfast and a shower, I set off on a circular walk around the city stopping at the Munch museum:-


Then to the graveyard where Edvard Munch and Henrik Ibsen lie buried:-


Next stop was the National Gallery which had some more paintings by Munch, including "The Scream".

In the afternoon I went down to the port area intending to get a ferry across to the viking ship museum. The ferry had shut down for the winter and, as the bus to the island meant backtracking to the National Gallery for the bus stop, I decided instead to have a look around the nearby castle and fort and the Resistance museum:-




I managed to fit in a look around the Astrup Fearnley Contemporary art museum (I was a bit disappointed that the Michael Jackson and Bubbles sculpture was not on display though) and a look around the Opera house in the daylight before heading out to the airport for my flight:-



State of the art design, including the urinals:-

No comments:

Post a Comment