Saturday 10 September 2011

Canal Walk (Part One)

I was thinking about heading to the Lincolnshire coast this morning, to walk the dogs on the beach. Sanity prevailed however (it would involve a 170 mile, 4 hour round trip in the car) and, instead, I left the car at home and followed the canal out to Beeston Marina and the Attenborough nature reserve.


I joined the canal opposite the Magistrates Court, it's a canalside bar area.

I followed the canal for a few miles, passing a couple of eccentric boat moorings
I'm not sure how clear this is but there's a forest of dolls heads on stakes, shop mannequins and assorted treasures, it's been there for years.
This is a new one - the owner was at home, he looked like Catweasel, two barges covered in rubbish, a ramshackle shed and a pack of dogs - living the dream!

I stopped for a rest at the Beeston marina - a nice spot on a sunny day, next to the wildlife reserve.

The granny and grandson in the foreground were having an entertaining spat, whilst grandad parked the barge.


Bruno, ready for more, waiting for me to gobble my Cambridge bar and shift my aching bones. I have been on the Cambridge diet for a week so didn't have a great deal of energy and the circular walk back to my house seemed a bit ambitious at this point.

My camera battery needs a recharge so will post the rest in a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment