Saturday 10 September 2011

Canal Walk (Part Two)

A bit of the local dialect for this boat name


I managed to gather the energy to do a circuit of one of the lakes in the nature reserve. A meeting of dog packs in the photo below, which I stopped when "Hendrix" started getting amorous with Milo.

The dogs did their usual trick of ignoring my command and diving in the river, followed by a roll in the muddy riverbank. The picture below shows them dripping dry back at the marina.

I shlepped into Beeston town centre (where I bought my first house)on my way back home. I stopped for lunch (cambridge bar number 3 of the day) at the beekeeper statue bench. The beekeeper is modelling Rosa's recycled thermos which came in handy on it's first outing with me. (In your face Cafe Nero (the shop behind the statue) - I've got a thermos!)
I was all tuckered out by this stage, and so was Milo, Bruno still had a little energy in the tank. I decided to get the bus rather than do the additional 4 miles or so back home.
Here's Bruno at his masters feet on the bus. I'm noting a theme in my dog photo's - they all seem biased towards Bruno . This isn't intentional it's just that Bruno seems to be clingier, always staking his place at my feet. They got a lot of oohs and aahs from people today and are sleeping like lambs now.

1 comment: