Monday 20 February 2012

Riverside Walk

I walked out to Trent Bridge and headed West following the North bank of the river.

There was a pub here last time I came past, one that I never bothered visiting as it was a bit of an eyesore:-

Shortly after this point the riverside parkland ends and there was a stretch of pavement walking alongside a busy dual carriageway, past some factories. Not the most inspiring setting for a walk:-

After a while the path left the dual carriageway and I could let the dogs off their leads. I liked the look of these woods, across the river in Clifton. There was no bridge anywhere near them and so they will have to wait to be explored on another occasion, maybe later in the week:-
After another mile or so I left the river, cutting across some fields to join the Nottingham Canal which I followed back into the City.

I stopped for a picnic lunch by the canal. I managed to get the dogs to stay still for a photo - they are staring intently at a little terrier, just out of shot, that wanted to come and say hello.
On the way back through the City I went past Castle Rock which is pitted with caves:-

No comments:

Post a Comment