Saturday 30 October 2010

Mystic - 29/10/10



I took the train into Manhattan with Nick on his commute then had breakfast and picked up the car at 10am - A Chevrolet, HHR? - not sure of the model name - it looks like a PT Cruiser...does the job.

I arrived at Mystic, Connecticut about midday and spent the afternoon at the Mystic Seaport - a museum of historic ships and then had a look around Mystic - I've not seen the film and didn't feel like pizza so didn't go in Mystic Pizza. I have spent the night at a Comfort Inn on I95 between Providence and Boston.

Today I am going to Newport, Rhode Island where I will take a tour of one of the many mansions.

3 comments:

  1. I remember having a nice lunch in Newport, (1993?) On the coast and the restaurant had pictures on the wall of a big storm they'd had there. I think (but memory may be failing me) that they had a line on the wall where the flood waters reached. New England fall colours are good this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have the Comfort Inn waffles for breakfast? They were one of our favourites. AJ's idea of comfort was staying at the Holiday Inn Express with the Comfort Inn waffles for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was the place - if you fancy a slap-up for fancy prices http://www.21oceanfront.com/

    ReplyDelete