Friday 9 April 2010

Hopton on Sea



My plans to do the Yorkshire Wolds way this week had been threatened by a rail strike and by the weather but just when the unions had been injuncted and the weather had improved, Milo split a toe nail and was unable to walk any distance for a few days, scuppering my plans.

Instead I joined Linda, Alan, Callum, Gillian and Martin for a few days on their caravan trip in Norfolk. I got there on Wednesday and slouched around their caravan that afternoon. No dogs were permitted in their caravan so I pitched my tent at another site a few miles away. It was the first tiime I have camped with the dogs and the first time I have used this tent since the '08 Vegas road trip.

It was cold and rained the first night and Milo was a bit restless having been cooped up in the house for several days, so I didn't get a great nights sleep.

On Thursday I woke up frozen at 6am and headed over to the caravan to warm up. Unfortunately, no dogs are allowed at the planned attraction "Bewilderwood" and so I drove to Caister and walked back along the coast. The weather was perfect, It took me 4 hours, arriving back at the caravan at 1pm I guess that I walked about 10 miles.

I had a much better nights sleep and didn't hear a peep from the dogs. I could have fitted another 10 labradors in the tent as they were scrunched up against me in a dog/human heap all night.

I got Gillian to drop me at Kessingland on her way home yesterday and I walked back along the coast from there stopping at Lowestoft for a fish and chip lunch. It was another beautiful day and I arrived back at the car at 2pm - so another 4 hour walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment