Wednesday 18 April 2012

Bourton-on-the-Water

It was bucketing down with rain this morning - not the best weather to start a walking trip. I drove down to Hitchin for a brief visit with Mum, Linda and Alan, then I drove over to Luton airport to meet my friend Maurizio off his flight from Milan. I couldn't have timed my arrival at the airport better, as Maurizio had just arrived when I parked in the 15 minute short stay carpark (if you overstay the 15 minutes then the cost rockets up from £1 to £4.60). Whilst I was at Linda's house I got her to print off directions for a walk at Bourton-on-the-water, a chocolate box Cotswolds village.

We did a 5.5 mile circular walk from Bourton taking in two smaller villages, Lower and Upper Slaughter.

Maurizio and the dogs at Bourton:-

 The dogs went for a dip at the mill pond next to the mill museum in Lower Slaughter:-
 The countryside surrounding the villages:-


We are staying at a Days Inn motel at services on the M5 for two nights, then we will head off to Dorset.


No comments:

Post a Comment