Sunday 13 November 2011

The Star Wars Painting

Here's the painting in all its glory.

A friend asked my parents to bring it back to the UK when they left Washington DC in 1978 and look after it until she also returned. My parents never heard from her again and the painting has lain in their loft ever since.

It is said to have been painted by the actor who played Darth Vader - David Prowse AKA the Green Cross Code man - although I have no idea why it has the initials "NG" in the top corner.

I'm not sure whether it's meant to be a medieval warrior or a psychotic green cross code man perhaps.

With that provenance, it must be worth a fortune! Make me an offer - otherwise it's going straight into my loft.

3 comments:

  1. striking resemblance to you Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really must check this out - Dave Prowse has book signings in Hitchin, Wandsworth and Manchester in the next few weeks http://www.darthvader-starwars.com/appearances.htm - you could be the proud owner of a lost masterpiece

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a quick google I'm not sure I'd want to queue up and shell out for his autobiography - it sounds like he has an ego of Sithian proportions

    ReplyDelete